For an employee you may want to track an alternate hire date to track, for example, when they were hired as a full time employee if they were previously part time. Using custom fields you can track this information the employee's file.
Step 1: Create a custom field
- As an Administrator, create a custom field for the initial date that the employee entered the company.
- Navigate to Administration (gear icon) > Employees and click on New Custom Field button.
- Enter a name for the custom field, select a privacy setting and field type.
- Click on Save Custom Field.
Step 2: Update the custom field
- All custom fields will appear on the employee's Account Details section. Update this field for individual profiles or update them in bulk using the import tool.
Step 3: Update the Hired Date under Job Details section
- Navigate to the employee profile, Job Details section and update the First Day of Work field with the most recent data.
- Navigate to Reports > Export Users Report.
- Select the fields that you need. Fields that are helpful in this report are: First Name, Last Name, Date Hired and the custom field, Hired Date (PT)
- Click on Export as CSV.
- You will then be able to pull both hired dates in the report.
Still have questions about how to use custom fields to track alternative hire date? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!