You may have employees in your company who work weekends (Saturday and Sunday) as part of their work week. For example, an employee could work Tuesday-Saturday and have Sunday and Monday off.
TribeHR doesn't count weekends (Saturday and Sunday) as days that deduct from time off balances when booking time off by default, however, the employee can manually update the number of days they are booking off, to account for the fact that these are days they typically work.
When booking time off across a weekend and have it deduct from the vacation balance, complete the following steps:
- Log in to your TribeHR account.
- On the Home page, click on Book Time Off button or Call in Sick button.
- Or on the Employee File, from the Time Off section, click on Request Time Off button.
- This will lead you to the Book Some Time Off window, choose the Type Of Time Off and enter a Start Date and End Date.
- If the Time Off falls on a weekday (Monday-Friday), the Total Days Off Work is automatically calculated and it will auto-populate the total number of days (Switch to hours if applicable).
- However, if the Time Off falls on a weekend (Saturday/Sunday), it is set to 0 by default. You need to manually enter the number of days you are taking off in the Total Days Off Work box. This will ensure that the weekend days will be deducted from the vacation balance.
- You can enter a message in the Message to your Manager box. Once you've filled out the form click on Submit Request.
- Once the time off request has been approved, if you navigate to your Employee File, in the Time Off section under Scheduled Transactions, you will notice that the request has been recorded with the amount of days you inputted into the Total Days Off Work box when you booked time off.
Still have questions about how to track time off for employees that work on weekends? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!