Company holidays can be added to the company calendar, once added and marked as an official holiday, these days will automatically be recognized as holidays, and won't be deducted from employee's leave balances.
- If you are given permissions to Create, Modify and Delete the Events under Calendar
- Click on the Company tab and navigate to the Calendar section.
- Under popular activities menu, click on Add a Company Event.
- This will bring up the Add an Event dialog box.
- Enter Event Title, Type of Event, Event Location (what locations in your company it applies to), Start Date and End Date (including start and end times) and Event Description.
- Make sure to check the Official Holiday box so it is recognized by TribeHR as an official holiday.
- Click on Add Event to save your event.
- When an employee requests for a time off across this day, the employee will not have any time deducted for that day from their available leave balance. For example, since December 25 is set as an Official Holiday, when employee books a time off from December 22 (Monday) until December 26 (Friday), the employee is only requesting for 4 days off.
Still have questions about adding a company holiday to your company calendar? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!