Performance Management incorporates elements on the employee's profile such as Kudos & Notes, Goals, Skills and Shared Feedback. These are built in elements in the employee's profile that help measure employee's performance. They will be pulled into the review cycle if they are configured in the selected review template of the review cycle.
- Giving kudos is a way to publicly recognize the great work of your colleagues.
- All employees can give and receive Kudos.
- A employee can see the received Kudos in the Kudos section of his/her profile.
- If Badges are enabled, badges can be attached when an employee gives Kudos.
- Users can add comments on the Kudos.
- Kudos can be shared on Facebook if enabled in Administration settings.
- In performance reviews, under Kudos & Notes section, all Kudos that the employee received and Notes added on the employee profile, at the moment the review is launched will be pulled in the review. This is how employee's Kudos & Notes will look like in the review.
- Goals are objectives or any items that you can add to an employee profile.
- Administrators can add goals for everyone in the company.
- Managers can add goals for direct reports and employees reporting to them.
- Employee can add goals to his own profile.
- When setting goals, you can assign start date, due date, current progress and supported goals and supported values (if applicable)
- You can control who can see the goal by selecting a privacy setting.
- Completed Goals (100%) can be seen by clicking on See Older Goals.
- Goal Participants and Managers can add comments to the goal by clicking on the goal.
- In performance reviews, once Goals are included in the review template, this will pull in the goals of employee and the corresponding progress at the moment the review was launched. This is how Goals will look like in the employee's review.
- Tracking Skills enables you to monitor competencies that an employee needs to acquire to perform tasks in a job.
- Managers can track skills for their direct reports and employees reporting to them.
- Administrators can track skills for all users.
- Employees can view the skills that administrators and managers are tracking but they cannot add skills to their own profiles.
- Skill level can be updated from Novice to Expert. This will directly correspond to how much the blue bubble will be filled.
- In performance reviews, once Skills are included in the review template, this will pull in the skills and skill level of an employee at the moment the review was launched. This is how Skills will look like in the employee's review.
- Employees can ask for feedback about themselves.
- Managers can ask for feedback about people under them and for themselves.
- Administrators can ask for feedback for all users.
- When Feedback is requested, responses are visible only to the requestor- the person who submitted the feedback.
- If a user requested feedback about self, the user has the option to share the responses. Manager and Administrator will only see the responses once the user shares the feedback.
- If an Administrator or Manager asked for feedback about the user, only when feedback responses are shared will it be visible to the Employee that the feedback relates to.
- Users (Administrator, Manager, Employee) may also ask for feedback, anonymously. This will protect the identity of the people who responds to your questions.
- Two sections on the Feedback Questions tab:
- Feedback Questions To Answer - here you will find all feedback questions that you are asked to respond to.
- Feedback Responses About You - here you will find all feedback questions about you.
- In performance reviews, once shared feedback is included in the review template, this will pull in all shared feedback about the employee at the moment the review was launched. This is how shared feedback looks like in the employee's review.
- All users can see what values an employee supports. These values are associated with employee's set Goals and given and received Kudos.
Adding an Employee Note
- Adding a Note to an Employee profile is a feature that lets you add other information that could not be captured by the features mentioned above. For example, you may add a one-on-one discussion with your manager on an agreement or similar.
- Administrators can add and edit Notes for all users.
- Managers can add and edit Notes for direct reports and employees reporting to them.
- Employees can add Notes on their own profiles.
- One can control who can see the Note by selecting the privacy setting.
When you are able to receive Kudos, set Goals, track Skills, share Feedback and add Notes on your profile, these will be pulled into your review
What Is A Review Template?
- A Review Template is a customized form that aims to evaluate an employee's performance at a given period.
Who Can Create A Review Template?
- Administrators can create unlimited number of review templates. When you launch a review, you will select a template from the list of templates in your account.
Who Can Launch A Review Cycle?
- Administrators can launch a review cycle for all users in the company.
- Managers can launch a review cycle for their direct reports and anyone reporting to them.
How Does the Review Process Work?
- The review process is completed and shared between the employee and their manager, the employee and manager "pass" the review back and forth to each other to complete the process.
There are several reports available in Standard Reports that would pull information related to the Performance Management features.
- Performance Summary Report - this is a report that shows you a list of employees and the corresponding number of Kudos given and received. The administrators can run this report for all employees while the managers can run this report for the employees that report under him/her.
- Export Review Summary - this is a report that an administrator can generate to export questions and corresponding answers of reviews. The report pulls the answers of both the employee and the manager.
- Skills Matrix - this is a report that shows you a list of employees and the skills that they have on their profiles. The administrators can run this report for all employees while the managers can run this report for the employees that report under him/her.
- Using ad-hoc reports, you may also generate customized reports
Still have questions about Performance Management? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!