Ad-hoc report is a tool in TribeHR that you can use to create customized reports.
- As an Administrator, navigate to Reports and click on Ad-Hoc Reports section.
- To create a new report, click on New Report.
- From the drop down menu, select the record you wish to pull from. For a report on terminated employees, select CurrentAssignment Record on the record drop down.
- Click Continue to go the next screen.
- In the Choose Your Content section, choose the columns you wish to view in the report, for this report the most useful columns are:
- User > Username
- User > Email
- User > Access
- Department > Name
- Location > Name
- Change Reason > Reason
- Click on Next Step, to move to the next screen.
- On the Filter Section, you can filter the results of your report depending on the parameters that you select
- Click on Add a New Filter, to create a new filter. To run a report on terminated employees by department, add the following parameters:
- Field: User > Access Operator: Equal to and Value: "2"
- Field: Department > Name, Operator: Equal to and Value: "Online Marketing"
- When you add more than one filter, radio buttons are available for you to select if you want the report to filter records that match all of the criteria or filter records that match any of the criteria.
- Click Next Step, to move to the next section.
- On the Sort Results screen, select the columns you wish to sort the report by.
- Click Next Step to move to the next screen.
- On the Choose Output section: enter a Report Name, select the check box if you want a line to display the total number of records, select the Output Format (Excel or HTML) and Style (Simple or Styled).
- Click Preview Report, to view a preview of your report. If you need to edit anything further you can use the previous step button or click on the sections to edit necessary changes on your report.
- Once you are satisfied with the report you have created, click Save Report. This will save it to your Ad-Hoc Reports library, so you can access it in the future.
TIP: Usernames with dates attached to the username are terminated employees. The information are their termination dates.
- Once you save this report, it can be accessed at any time, by navigating to the Ad-Hoc reports screen and click on the name of the report.
- If you want to change anything, click on the gear and click Edit (This is useful if you want to run the report using a different filter)
- Using this gear you can also Copy or Delete this report.
Still have questions about creating a customized Termination Report by department in TribeHR? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!