Ad-hoc report is a tool in TribeHR that you can use to create customized reports. This reports displays work hours for all staff, along with other user record information.
This report will allow you to determine that the employees were assigned correct work hours namely for those employees that are part-time.
- To create a work hour record report using the ad-hoc reporting tool, navigate to Reports tab and go to Ad-Hoc Reports. Here you will find saved ad-hoc reports (if any).
- To create a new report, click New Report.
- From the drop down menu, select the record you wish to pull from, for this report we are going to pull from Workhour Record
- Click Continue to move to go the next screen.
- In the Choose Your Content section, click on the fields you wish to view in the report. For the Workhour Record Report the most useful columns are:
- User > Username
- Work Hour Record > Hours
- Work Hour Record > Standard Hours
- Work Hour Record > Created
- Click Next Step, to move to the next screen.
- In the filter results screen, you can filter the results depending on the parameters you select.
- Click Add a New Filter to create a new filter.
- To run a report to check users that have incorrect hours assigned to the employees, the recommended filters are:
- Filed: Work Hour Record > Hours , Operator: Is Not Equal To , Value: 8
- Filed:Work Hour Record > Standard Hours , Operator:Equal To , Value: 40
- Click on find records that match ALL of the filters
- Click Next Step, to move to the next section.
- In the Sort Results screen, select the columns you wish to sort the report by. For this report the most useful would be User > Username > Ascending and then by Work Hour Record> Hours > Ascending.
- Click Next Step to move to the next screen.
- In the Choose Output screen, create a Report Name, choose if you want a line to display the total number of records, select your Output format (HTML or Excel) and choose your Style (Simple or Styled).
- Click Preview Report, to view a preview of your report, if you need to edit anything further you can use the previous step button to go through the previous screens and edit your report.
- Once you are satisfied with your report, click Save Report. This will save it to your Ad-Hoc Reports library, so you can access it whenever you wish.
- Once you save this report, it can be accessed at any time, by navigating to the Ad-Hoc reports screen and click on the name of the report.
- If you want to change anything, click on the gear and click edit request. (This is useful if you want to run the report using a different filter)
- Using this gear you can also copy or delete this report.
Still have questions about creating pay rate changes report? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!