After a request for time off has been approved, administrators have the ability to edit the time off request.
Option 1: Edit the Existing Approved Time Off Request
Changing the existing time off request will create a reversal transaction against the original and create a new transaction with the updated details.
- As an Administrator, navigate to the Reports tab then click on Approved Time Off Requests.
- Select your date parameters, type of time off and click on Update. This will display a list of approved time off within the date and the type of time off that you have selected, for the employees that report you. You can also use the Filters button to narrow down the results.
- Click on the number (blue hyperlink) on the Days Off column of the respective employee whose approved time off you want to edit.
- You will be directed to the Edit Time Off box where you can edit the dates and the status of the time off.
- If you want to cancel an approved time off, select Rejected or Cancelled from the status drop down.
- If you want to reschedule an approved time off, select the dates and select Approved from the status drop down.
- If you still want to have it on review or pending, select Pending Approval from the status drop down
- Click on Save Changes.
- A message will confirm that the changes of the request has been saved.
- This will make a reversal transaction on the employee's time off ledger.
- And create a new transaction for the time off with the saved changes.
Option 2: Delete Existing and Submit New Time Off Request
This option will remove the approved time off request transaction from the employee's time off ledger. You will then have to submit a new time off request with the correct or new details.
- Delete the existing approved time off request by clicking on the gear icon and selecting delete from the drop down menu.
- Click on Continue to proceed with the deletion.
- A message will confirm that the time off request has been deleted.
- This will remove the approved time off request transaction from the time off ledger
- Submit a new time off request with the new details.
Still have questions about editing employee's approved time off requests? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!