Administrator has another way of a creating gender summary report through using ad-hoc reports. This ad hoc report will provide you the list of employees and their corresponding gender as to compare to the standard gender summary report, which is a graphical representation of your company's gender make up.
- To create a gender summary report using the ad-hoc reporting tool, log in as an Administrator. Navigate to Reports tab and go to Ad-Hoc Reports section. Here you will find saved ad-hoc reports (if any).
- To create a new report, click New Report.
- From the drop down menu, select the record you wish to pull from, for this report we are going to pull from CurrentEmployeeRecord.
- Click Continue to move to go the next screen.
- In the Choose Your Content section, click on the fields you wish to view in the report. For the Current Employee Report where you will generate the gender report the most useful columns are:
- Current Employee Record > First Name
- Current Employee Record > Last Name
- Gender > Label
- Click Next Step, to move to the next screen.
- In the filter results screen, you can filter the results depending on the parameters you select.
- Click Add a New Filter button to create a new filter.
- To run a report on gender summary, you can either use this parameters:
If you want to filter male employees:
- Field: Gender > Label, Operator: Equal To, Value: Male
If you want to filter female employees:
- Field: Gender > Label, Operator: Equal To, Value: Female
- Click Next Step, to move to the next section.
- In the Sort Results screen, select the columns you wish to sort the report by. For this report the most useful would be Gender > Label and then by Current Employee Record > Last Name.
- Click Next Step to move to the next screen.
- In the Choose Output screen, create a Report Name, choose if you want a line to display the total number of records, select your Output format (HTML or Excel) and choose your Style (Simple or Styled).
- Click Preview Report, to view a preview of your report, if you need to edit anything further you can use the previous step button to go through the previous screens and edit your report.
- Once you are satisfied with your report, click Save Report. This will save it to your Ad-Hoc Reports library, so you can access it whenever you wish.
- Once you save this report, it can be accessed at any time, by navigating to the Ad-Hoc reports screen and click on the name of the report.
- If you want to change anything, click on the gear and click Edit. (This is useful if you want to run the report using a different filter)
- Using this gear you can also Copy or Delete this report.
Still have questions about creating a gender summary report in TribeHR? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!