Ad-hoc report is a tool in TribeHR that you can use to create customized reports.
- To create an event report using the ad-hoc reporting tool, navigate to the Reports tab then click on Ad-Hoc Reports. Here you will find saved ad-hoc reports (if any).
- To create a new report, click New Report.
- From the drop down menu, select the record you wish to pull from, for this report we are going to pull from Event.
- Click Continue to go the next screen.
- In the Choose Your Content section, choose the columns you wish to view in the report, for this report the most useful columns are; Event > Name, Event > Start Date, Event > End Date, Event > Notes, and Event > Is Official Holiday
- Click Next Step, to move to the next screen.
- In the filter results screen, you can filter the results depending on the parameters you select. Click Add a New Filter to create a new filter. You may use the filter shown below to display only those events that are tagged as Official Holiday.
- Click Next Step, to move to the next section.
- In the Sort Results screen, select the columns you wish to sort the report by. For this report the most useful would be Event > Name and then by Event > Start Date.
- Click Next Step to move to the next screen.
- In the Choose Output screen, create a Report Name, choose if you want a line to display the total number of records, select your Output format (HTML or Excel) and choose your Style (Simple or Styled).
- Click Preview Report, to view a preview of your report, if you need to edit anything further you can use the previous step button to go through the previous screens and edit your report.
- Once you are satisfied with your report, click Save Report. This will save it to your Ad-Hoc Reports library, so you can access it whenever you wish.
- Once you save this report, it can be accessed at any time, by navigating to the Ad-Hoc reports screen and click on the name of the report.
- If you want to change anything, click on the gear and click edit request. (This is useful if you want to run the report using a different filter)
- Using this gear you can also copy or delete this report.
Still have questions about creating an event report in TribeHR? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!