- As an Administrator, click the gear icon on your header, navigate to the Employees tab and go to the Types of Time Off section.
- To create a new type of time off, hit the New Type of Time Off button.
- Once in the Add Time Off Type screen you are able to create a new type of time off.
- Create a unique Name for the type of time off
- Using the drop down set the Accrual Schedule; depending on which accrual schedule you select your options for accrual will change
Option 1 (Weekly or Bi-Weekly)
- Select Accrue Weekly or Accrue Bi-Weekly (Every Other Week) from the drop down menu
- Select the Date of Next Accrual, which will determine the calendar day on which the accrual will be applied to the employee file, for example, if you select Wednesday April 30, the accrual will be processed on the Wednesday of every month.
- Select the Start Accruing On date, which will determine when the accrual will start, for example, if you select Friday April 25, the accrual will come off the next Wednesday because of the date you selected in the previous box.
Option 2 (Semi Monthly)
- Select Accrue Semi-Monthly (Twice Per Month) from the drop down menu
- Select the Day of First Accrual and the Day of Second Accrual from the drop down menus
- Select the Start Accruing On date, which will determine when the accrual will start, for example, if you set this date as April 30, the accrual will be applied to the employee's account on the day you selected in the Day of First Accrual box.
Option 3 (Monthly or Annually)
- Select Accrue Monthly (At End of Month) or Accrue Annually (At Start of Year) from the drop down menu
- This will automatically give the accrual allotment on the last day of the month or the first day of the year, depending on which one you choose.
- Select the Start Accruing On date, which will determine when the accrual will start, for example, if you set this date as April 15, the accrual will be applied to the employee's account on the last day of April.
Option 4 (Do Not Accrue. Just Track Usage)
- Select Do Not Accrue. Just Track Usage from the drop down menu, this option will track the number of days that an employee books off, but will not set up an accrual schedule for that type of time off.
- In the Default Annual Allocation box type in the number of days that is most often given to your employees for this type of time off. This number can be manually adjusted for individual employees, if they have more or less time off of this type.
Enabling Carry Over and Max Accrual
- To enable carry over, click the Enable Carry Over Limit check box.
- This will bring up the carry over limit options.
- In the Default Carry Over box type in the number of days that can be carried over at the end of the year by your employees, this can also be adjusted for individual employees.
- In the Carry Over Expires drop down select when the carry over time would expire (does not expire is also an option)
- To enable max accruals, click on the Enable Max Accruals checkbox.
- This will bring up the max accruals options.
- Using the radio buttons, select your max accruals in Days or as a Multiplier.
- If you select Days put in the number of days that you wish for your employee's time off to cap out at. For example; if you enter 20 days, your employee's accruals will automatically adjust if they hit this cap.
- If you select Multiplier put in the multiplier that corresponds to your HR policy. For example; if you enter 1.5 days, and your employee's annual allotment is 15 days, once they hit 20 days your employee's accruals will automatically adjust if they hit this cap.
- If you want time off to appear on your company calendar check the Show on Calendar box, this will bring up a privacy drop down with four options.
- Admins Only: time off for employees will only appear on admin calendars
- Manager Only: time off for employees will appear on admin calendars and the calendars for an employees reporting manager(s)
- Employee & Manager: time off for employees will appear on admin calendars, reporting manager(s) calendars and an employees own calendar
- Everyone: time off for employees appears on everyone’s calendar
- Click the Save Time Off button to save this type of time off
- You will be directed to the Types of Time Off page where you should now see it added to the list
Some tips about adding types of time off
- If you set up your default types of time off before you import your employees they will be automatically added to all employee files.
- Carry over and max accruals work best when they are used separately, we suggest to use the option that best lines up with your HR policies.
- TribeHR doesn’t schedule accruals that happened in the past, but you can manually add it. (for example, if your employees earn time on a monthly basis and you add an employee to TribeHR in March, time earned for January and February will have to be manually entered by you)
Still have questions about adding a new type of time off? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!