What is an API Key?
API stands for “application programming interface”. It is an easy, seamless way for different programs to interact with one another. For most users, the main interaction with the API is through API keys, which is unique string of characters which allows for other programs to have access to your account without having your password. Your API key is just as important to keep secret as your TribeHR password is.
In TribeHR API Keys are most often used for:
- Subscribing to news feeds
- Subscribing to calendars
- Accessing the TribeHR mobile app
- Custom integrations
How do I Find or Regenerate my API key?
Your API Key can be found in your employee profile, to find it navigate through the following steps:
- Once logged in hover over your name in the top right corner
- Click on My Employee File
- Click the blue Edit Profile link
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the Add-Ons and Services section, under this you will see your API Key listed under this section
- To regenerate your API Key, click the blue Regenerate API Key link
- This will regenerate your API Key. The next step is to "Save Details" at the very bottom of the page
Still have questions about API Keys? Submit a help request and the TribeHR support team will be happy to help!